A 45-minute one-to-one interactive online session, explaining the principles behind the design of maps that are easy to read and easy to understand.
To make the most of this session, you should already be using mind mapping software in a business or professional setting, and be comfortable with its basic functions. The course does not cover “mind mapping” or the features of specific software packages, but focuses on the design of tree diagrams for clear communication.
The agenda is designed for information professionals, consultants, “product champions” of mind mapping software within their organisation, and managers who are keen to ensure that vital information does not get locked away inside complex mind maps.
- The overlap and underlap between techniques and technology – where the strengths and weaknesses of mind mapping software lie
- Working with maps that are too big to see
- Inductive versus deductive design and presentation
- Five standard layouts for easily understood maps
- Surgery – questions about your deployment of mind mapping software
It is a good idea to read the white paper “Mind the gap – the assumption built into mind mapping software” in preparation for this session.
When you order this session, I will contact you to arrange a convenient time.